Saturday, August 7, 2010

I hate introduction posts.

So, I want to just jump right in and talk about quilts and hats and all these grandmotherly things I've been creating, but I can't will myself to do it without at least making some sort of introductory post. I find them super awkward and I hate talking about myself, but we'll see what I can do.

I'm Kate. I'm 20 and going into my senior year of college soon (very soon... scarily soon). I'm pretty artsy I suppose. I sing more hours a week than a voice is supposed to when I'm in school, and I like to make things. I've taught myself to sew & knit with the help of my very patient mother & YouTube, both of which are resources I utilize quite frequently. My most recent endeavor has been learning to quilt, which is... horrible and great all at once haha. For someone who always strives for perfection, dealing with the unavoidable errors that come along with starting a new craft is ridiculously irritating. For example, right now I'm debating whether to rip out some stitches in a quilt square or not and try and sew in a new piece straighter. Eventually, I'll probably cave and re-do the strip in question, but for now I'll just stare at it and let it mock me.

I am ridiculously wordy & doubt that this will really be read by many people. Additionally, proper capitalization will probably be the first thing to go in the future, so be warned.

-Kate

Edit: Just ripped out the seams & fixed the yellow square that was driving me nuts. Still not 100% straight, but I like it MUCH better. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment