Monday, August 9, 2010

Quilt Number One

Well, technically I suppose this is number two, but number one was a t-shirt quilt that consisted of sewing squares together and then sewing on a back, so I'm not sure if I really count that. The point is, this is actual quilt number one. I got (essentially stole... whoops) the idea from another craft blog I'd stumbled upon and am pretty much doing the same basic thing, except mine will be a bit bigger and each block is going to (obviously) be different, including different patterns of scraps within each block. So far I have completed purple, light green, red, yellow, light blue, pink, orange, and beige #1 (it's kind of hard to tell, but the center has two white/beige squares). So, 8 out of 12! I'm pretty impressed I've kept going for this long to be quite honest; usually I pick something up, get about half way and decide I'm done. But I'm really stoked about this project and I'm hoping to finish it, even though my quilting mom is in North Dakota/Minnesota and by the time she gets back I'll be back at school. I'm hoping she can coach me through the phone/emails once I finish all my blocks, because otherwise... I have no idea. Scary haha.

Anyway, pictures once I stop being lazy, which is probably never.

No comments:

Post a Comment